Complete Patient Education Technology: Improve Engagement & Enhance Experiences
As patients become more selective about where they seek care, healthcare facilities are constantly looking for ways to increase patient loyalty—and one key way to attract, engage, and satisfy patients is through efficient, user-friendly, quality hospital patient education solutions. That’s exactly what MDM Commercial offers healthcare providers with its Journey PX Patient Experience Solution that’s distributed via in-room television, personal email, and/or text–and can be viewed in the hospital, at a clinic, or at home.
To discuss how this patient education software will take your hospital’s patient experience to a new level, please contact us online or call 800-359-6741.
Challenges for Patients and Families
Hospital stays can be a stressful experience for patients and their families as they try to understand relevant health conditions and treatment options. One of the goals of your healthcare teams is to help make each stay as comfortable as possible—helping patients and their loved ones understand what’s going on, health-wise, can reduce levels of stress.
A percentage of patients are fine with a brief verbal explanation but, for many others, they want and need more in-depth knowledge about their condition and treatment plan. Busy doctors can struggle to find enough time to provide all the information that these patients desire and this can lead some patients to frantically search on Google for the answers to their healthcare questions. This can create misunderstandings, affect the patient’s decision-making abilities, and add to their stress levels.
Education is Key
The solution, overall, is quality education about the health conditions and treatment options. As a National Institutes of Health (NIH) study notes, “Patients must have a deep understanding of the impact healthy interventions can have on their present and long-term health.” In other words, they need to have appropriate education to develop what NIH calls “patient health literacy.”
When patient health literacy is developed, there are “documented improvements” in a patient’s ability to manage “goals, tasks, and challenges regarding one's health. Clinical benefits have been seen in trials of lifestyle intervention within a wide range of conditions such as diabetes, coronary heart disease, heart failure, and rheumatoid arthritis.”
NIH also makes the following statement: “Critical to any educational process is time.” When physician time is limited (and, really, when isn’t that the case?), we’d like to suggest that quality hospital patient education technology can be the health literacy solution that satisfies patients, helps them to manage their conditions and make appropriate decisions, and builds loyalty for your facilities. That solution is called Journey PX.
Benefits of Hospital Patient Education Software
The intuitive, easy-to-use Journey PX solution delivers exactly the right education at the right time to uniquely engage each patient in your healthcare facilities and systems. Benefits of Journey PX products include how they:
- Provide care teams with the ability to educate patients in a consistent and effective manner
- Allow hospital staff to search the patient education library and view content prior to prescribing treatment
- Can create documentation that can be inserted into the patient’s health record
- Are easy to use for the care team as well as the patient
- Provide pre- and post-operative education as well as disease, wellness, and safety education modules
- Extend the patient education solutions provided beyond the hospital stay by sending relevant content via email or text message to the patient at home
- Can lead to a reduction in patient calls, visits, and admissions
- Interface with your existing clinical systems, such as your ADT and EHR, so that the solution can follow the patient as they are transferred within the facility
- Can provide soothing relaxation content for aiding in pain management and addressing noise concerns
- Deliver patient satisfaction and comprehension surveys so you can assess overall patient engagement
- Can improve the performance of your facilities
- Have the ability to market, inform, and enlighten all guests of the healthcare facility about other events and offerings above and beyond patient education
Journey PX patient education solutions are scalable, robust, affordable, and interactive, designed specifically to provide the ultimate patient experience. As patients gain more information about their specific health conditions and available treatment options, they can make better, more informed decisions. The education process allows them to build trust with their healthcare providers and can increase a patient’s motivation to work towards health-related goals.
To incorporate the hospital patient education platform that fits your budget and your unique requirements, please contact our experts at 1-800-359-6741. We will promptly answer all of your questions and recommend a customized system that dovetails with your needs as it educates, engages, and improves patient outcomes throughout the complete continuum of patient care.
Hospital Patient Experience Software: Journey PX
Healthcare teams use our Journey PX solution to effectively and consistently educate patients in the hospital through swing-based monitors. You can then extend the educational opportunities through the platform’s robust cloud-based capabilities to continue to send content to patients at home via email or text messages. Content is available in numerous languages to further extend its reach, break down frustrating barriers, and help to prevent any language-based confusion.
Types of education that can be provided through our patient education systems include:
- Patient care information to both patients and their families
- Pre- and post-operative education
- Disease, wellness, and safety education
Additional in-demand features include the following:
- Patient education platform content is available in video format, developed at a 5th-grade level or below
- Video education is designed for all types of learners
- Closed captioning is available
- More than 5,000 videos are currently in our library
- Clients can easily upload their own content to supplement what’s in the library
Because Journey PX is cloud-based, it also provides plenty of crucial benefits for your healthcare facility, including how it:
- Delivers significant cost savings by eliminating the need for large servers and racks
- Lowers operational costs by reducing maintenance needs and decreases the cost of managing in-room computers
- Eliminates the burden on your IT department for hardware and software administration and support, and for managing security and antivirus protection
A wide range of materials is available through the easily searched Journey PX Patient Education library, which includes informational videos on these topics and others:
- Diagnoses, conditions, and treatments
- Pain management
- Patient safety
- Pre- and post-operative care
- Mother-baby and new family
- Medication education
- Advance directives
- Relaxation techniques
- ICD10 Codes and DRGs
This content is consistent with the regulations of The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Measures, Core Measures, and Meaningful Use. Information in our Journey PX Patient Education library is kept up to date with the most recent developments and discoveries.
Hospital patient education solutions delivered through Journey PX has these additional features:
- Relaxation tools that help reduce patients’ stress levels and respond better to treatment, plus entertainment programs and games
- Navigation by in-room pillow speakers, phone, auto prescribe, and scheduled play options
- Education videos can be assigned based upon diagnosis, treatment, physician, DRG-ICD10 codes, or safety risk
- Two-way communication between the patient and staff
- Integrations such as EMR, ADT, single sign on, dietary and more
- Real-time reporting to monitor usage at every level
- 24/7/365 remote monitoring
- More than 5,000 patient education videos to choose from
- Information is personalized and delivered in real-time
- Engaging patient television screens are created based on your brand, pediatrics, adult patient, mother-baby, veterans, and other unique patients
- Comprehension assessments with feedback
Focusing on just one of these—relaxation tools—can help to demonstrate how powerful Journey PX really is. The system includes relaxing soundscapes and entertainment options that, in turn, can help increase patient receptivity to treatment, which boosts overall effectiveness.
According to the NIH, an analysis of 13 different studies, each focusing on relaxation techniques and their role in after-surgery pain, found that relaxation techniques actually helped to reduce pain. They’ve also noted how it can help with anxiety associated with surgery.
These insights focus on just one of the bullet points listed about Journey PX features and benefits. We’d be happy to talk with you about other ones, as well. Just contact us and let us know what interests you and where you’d like more information.
Installation and Integration
Our hospital patient experience software can be seamlessly integrated and implemented into just about any facility’s existing infrastructure and systems. Our expert team will partner with you to install all of the necessary hardware and software so that you can optimize treatments through patient education and engagement.
For personalized assistance in designing patient education systems for your hospitals, senior living centers, and other healthcare facilities, please contact us online or call 800-359-6741.
MDM Commercial for Your Healthcare Technology Solutions
Our company has equipped healthcare facilities like yours with cost-effective quality equipment and technology solutions since 1990. We leverage our networks and buying power to provide your hospitals, senior living centers, and other healthcare organizations with competitive prices so that you can provide top-shelf patient experience within your budget.
No matter the size of your project or the number of your facilities, you can count on exceptional, accessible customer service from start to finish, from the initial consultation to the delivery and seamless installation of technology. We promise professional, courteous assistance with every order, from patient education software to a broad range of other products and services.
Let our expert team handle your technology needs so that your healthcare teams can focus on providing patients with top quality care. We’re your healthcare facilities’ one-stop shop for technology, products, systems, and consulting services, offering established accounts with flexible payment options.
To discuss what you need, please contact us online or call 800-359-6741. You’ll receive a prompt, professional response.