Z-Band TV Distribution Systems Available Through MDM Healthcare
MDM Healthcare is proud to offer Z-Band video distribution systems to hospitals and other healthcare facilities across the nation. Z-Band’s TV distribution system is an active, self-adjusting system that distributes the full spectrum of RF television channels. It uses single-mode fiber, or coax, for the backbone, and CAT 6 cable for the horizontal to the individual TVs. By cascading “video hubs” (rather than “switches”) together, the system is easily scalable to serve hundreds of TVs within a building or campus. It uses an active balun located behind the TV or in a wall outlet leading to the TV to condition the signal for consistent high picture quality. Z-Band is the perfect solution if you want to maximize your facility’s HD television capabilities.
At MDM Healthcare, we can help you understand the full range of features that Z-Band distribution systems have to offer. With this integrated distribution system installed in your hospital or other healthcare facilities, you’ll enjoy the following advantages:
- Category cable is less expensive per foot than coax.
- Equipment utilizes rack space instead of wall space, so plywood backboards are not required.
- Only two pieces of Z-Band equipment are needed: a video hub in the IDF closet and a balun at each TV location.
- With only one signal level to set and monitor, you’ll no longer need RF engineering support.
- With the Z-Band solution, it requires less support to manage and balance your RF distribution system.
- Z-Band eliminates the need to keep balancing the distribution amplifiers.
With the enormous challenges in providing healthcare today, MDM Healthcare can upgrade your existing TV system, design and implement a new state-of-the art high definition RF distribution system with video-on-demand capabilities that transforms your healthcare environment into one with patient entertainment and learning, and staff productivity enhancements can drive the bottom line.
To learn more about Z-Band distribution systems or any of the other products and services we offer, contact MDM Healthcare today to schedule a site assessment and quote!