Linda F. Robinson, MSN, BSN, RN
Linda F. Robinson, MSN, BSN, RN, is an accomplished national speaker, published author and healthcare workplace safety advocate with over 34 years of nursing experience in patient- and family-centered care, patient engagement technology, emergency medicine, critical care, forensic nursing and healthcare legislation.
As Vice President of Clinical Excellence for MDM Healthcare, she plans to continue her steadfast dedication to transforming healthcare through MDM’s patient engagement technology, Journey PX. Her focus is to champion patients and families by empowering clinicians and providers to deliver exemplary patient experiences and outcomes that matter in this ever-changing healthcare landscape.
Linda has been recognized as Magnet Nurse of the Year for Structural Empowerment by the ANCC Magnet Commission, the recipient of the Healthcare Hero Award by the Greater Cincinnati Business Courier Journal, awarded Outstanding Contribution to Emergency Nursing by the Greater Cincinnati Emergency Nurses Association and spearheaded the passing of multiple landmark bills on the protection against violence in the workplace for Kentucky health care workers. She received ANCC Magnet Exemplar SE11 for being a Clinical Nurse supporting organizational strategic priorities for the initiative. In all, Linda has been intricately involved with five successful ANCC Magnet journeys.
As a transformative nursing leader at St. Elizabeth Healthcare for more than three decades, Linda was instrumental to the ground-breaking research, development, implementation and sustainment of Partners in Care. The program innovatively incorporated patient engagement technology and led to a system-wide cultural shift towards a more patient- and family-centered care model. With patient experience targets met, she proved that patient engagement technology can play a vital role in patient- and family-centered care. The program received an ANCC Magnet Exemplar.
Linda furthered her work and began to consult with hospitals across the country on innovatively incorporating patient engagement technology within their patient and family centered care culture. With a focus on embedding technology into existing clinical workflows thus developing LEAN workflows that drive system utilization and nursing best practices that strategically impact patient experience, quality, safety and nurse satisfaction. She has dedicated her life and career to transforming the healthcare industry.
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Healthcare Hero Award, Cincinnati Business Courier Journal, 2018
- Outstanding Efforts in Patient Experience Collaboration Award, St. Elizabeth Healthcare, 2017
- Met system-wide Interactive Patient Care utilization and value-based care outcome goals and earned 2016 Emerging IPC Leadership award for St. Elizabeth
- Honored, Outstanding Contribution to Emergency Nursing, Greater Cincinnati Emergency Nursing Association, 2014
- National Magnet Nurse of Year Award, American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Commission in Structural Empowerment, 2012
- Nursing Civic Engagement Award, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, RHO Theta Chapter of Northern Kentucky University, 2012
- Commissioned as Kentucky Colonel by Kentucky Governor Steven Beshear, 2012
- Honored with Resolution from St. Elizabeth Healthcare Board of Trustees for efforts in gaining Kentucky legislation to improve safety in Kentucky hospital emergency rooms, 2012
- Awarded, St. Elizabeth Healthcare’s Nursing Excellence in Research, 2010