Hospital TVs play a significant role in a quality patient experience. To maximize the opportunities to satisfy yours and build their loyalty, it’s important to take advantage of the benefits of today’s modern healthcare TVs.
If your healthcare facility is ready to upgrade or is in need of assistance with choosing the right hospital TVs, please contact us online or call 800-359-6741 to discuss options with our expert team.
Benefits of Quality Hospital Grade TVs
As a quick overview, here are healthcare TV benefits:
- Patients can:
- enjoy entertainment that can distract them from feelings of worry, boredom, or loneliness
- reduce stress that, by itself, might trigger symptoms of not feeling well
- feel more relaxed as they experience what they do at home: watching their favorite programs, listening to music, playing interactive games, and more
- review educational material that can help to empower them and encourage them to contribute to positive health outcomes
- Hospital staff:
- will experience freed-up time because patients can operate their own television sets
- can educate patients through information delivered via the TVs to help them make informed decisions
- can spend more time on providing quality patient care
- Hospitals may receive higher satisfaction ratings, which can have a positive impact on reimbursement and more
Television sets that are specifically made for hospitals and other types of healthcare facilities come with important features for patient safety. For example, the advanced heat dissipation feature permits use around the clock. These televisions must meet Underwriter Laboratories (UL) safety regulations; with UL rated television sets, you benefit from reduced risk of electrical shock, fire, and hazardous radiation.
When to Upgrade
Signs that it’s time to upgrade your hospital grade television sets include:
- Picture quality isn’t the best and/or the actual television structure has damage
- The television sets aren’t compatible with the technologies available today that can benefit patients and healthcare facilities alike
- Your facility is spending increasing amounts of money on repairs
- You’re moving television sets from room to room as needed
- The cable company told you that you’ll need to upgrade analog healthcare TVs to digital technology—something required by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) by July 13, 2021
- You want to benefit from the features of smart healthcare TVs
Benefits of Smart Hospital TVs
Televisions today go beyond broadcasting programming, serving as a communication center in a patient’s room, a connectional bridge between patients, medical professionals, and the healthcare facility. When selecting smart television technology, you can enhance the patient’s entertainment along with the levels of engagement with healthcare providers; educate them; and streamline requests made by patients.
Customizations can include universal pillow speaker controls that facilitate engagement while also allowing patient control of the hospital grade television sets. These speakers also manage the noise levels in the facility while creating a private viewing experience for the patient.
Smart healthcare TVs may come with patient portal access. This allows patients to access their health information and connect more fully with the healthcare experience.
Plus, models come with cost saving features. If these features appeal to you, then it may be time to conduct a cost-benefit analysis (our experts can help) to determine if an upgrade makes strategic sense for your facilities.
Strategy for Upgrading Hospital Grade TVs
You may decide to upgrade by facility or by floor. You could decide to upgrade the oldest TVs first and work your way forward. There is no one size fits all solution. For help with analysis, please contact us.
Hospital TV Options
Hospital TV choices at MDM include swing-arm models as well as personal and compact televisions. No matter which you choose, the system is easy to integrate with your current technologies and the television sets are manufactured to withstand rigorous use and to meet healthcare environment standards. TV systems have in-demand functions and features.
Plus, when you choose hospital TVs from MDM, you’ll benefit from outstanding technical and customer support, and you’ll enjoy a seamless experience from start to finish.
LG LED TVs
LG health grade televisions provide exceptional picture quality with most of them being full high definition. Design is eye-catching and modern with types including the standard hospital grade TV and the popular LG 4K UHD Hospital Grade Smart TV and the Smart HD Hospital Grade TV.
LG Smart Hospital Grade TVs
Crafted specifically for the healthcare environment, these smart televisions are available in multiple sizes: 32″, 43″, 50″, 55″, and 65″. Built-in features include the following: pillow speaker port, MPI port, and pillow speaker compatibility.
LG Large Screen TVs
These large screen TVs can be used as digital signage in your healthcare facilities. You can broadcast events, offer presentations, and more with this technology. Options include the LG 65” HDTV, LG 84” LED commercial HDTV, and both the 72” and 84” LED HDTVs.
Long-Term Care TVs
Televisions for long-term care facilities provide large-font volume, date/time, and channel displays for ease of use. Ideal for assisted living centers, nursing homes, and similar facilities, the simple interfaces make it easier for residents and patients to independently use their TVs.
PDI Healthcare Televisions
As the nation’s largest producer of hospital grade technology, PDi televisions for healthcare facilities come with these excellent options:
- medTAB Bedside HDTVs and tablets with Journey Enhanced Patient Experience
- medTV 16” and 19” arm-mounted TVs
- PDi A-Series Enhanced Entertainment Healthcare-grade flatscreen HDTV
Our expert team will gladly help you to select the options that make the most sense for your needs and budget, including ones designed for oxygen enriched environments. We’re always expanding our product offerings, too. So, if you don’t see what you need, reach out for assistance and to learn about the newest technologies.
Contact MDM Healthcare
When you choose MDM, you’ll benefit from competitive pricing, thanks to our big buying power. Our friendly, experienced team will help you from product selection to implementation to post-installation support. We’ll be available, 24/7, to assist with issues you might have and to answer all of your questions. To get started, please contact us online or call 800-359-6741.