The Right Patient Education Solution to Improve Engagement & Enhance the Patient Experience
Patient education is important for any healthcare provider seeking to improve engagement and provide complete patient care. As patients become more selective about where to go for care, hospitals and other healthcare facilities are constantly looking for better ways to enhance the patient experience and create patient loyalty. MDM Healthcare is proud to offer its Journey Patient Experience Solution for providers in need of an efficient and user-friendly patient education product. Our Journey solution is distributed via in-room television, personal email, and/or text – and can be viewed in the hospital, at a clinic, or at home.
MDM Healthcare’s Journey solution will take your hospital’s television system to a new level by delivering the right education at the right time to improve engagement for each patient in your care. Providers prefer our patient education solutions for their hospitals and other healthcare facilities because our Journey products:
- Provide care teams with the ability to educate patients in a consistent and effective manner
- Allow hospital staff to search the patient education library and view content prior to prescribing treatment
- Can create documentation that can be inserted into the patient’s health record
- Are easy to use for the care team as well as the patient
- Provide pre- and post-operative education as well as disease, wellness, and safety education modules
- Extend the patient education provided beyond the hospital stay by sending relevant content via email or text message to the patient at home
- Interface with your existing clinical systems, such as your ADT and EHR, so that the solution can follow the patient as they are transferred within the facility
- Can provide soothing relaxation content for aiding in pain management and addressing noise concerns
- Deliver patient satisfaction and comprehension surveys so you can assess overall patient engagement
- Have the ability to market, inform, and enlighten all guests of the healthcare facility about other events and offerings above and beyond patient education
Our Journey patient education products offer scalable and affordable interactive solutions that provide the ultimate patient experience. Let the professionals at MDM Healthcare help you decide which solution will best enhance patient engagement and work with your budget. Call us at 1-800-359-6741 for a prompt response to your questions.
Why is patient education important?
The more patients understand about their own health, treatment options, and conditions, the better their own decisions about their healthcare will be.
Education engages patients in their own care and treatment plans, helps build trust with their care providers, and improves outcomes as patients become more motivated to work toward their healthcare goals. The benefits of robust, high-quality patient education also include improvements in the performance of the healthcare facility and the industry overall, and can lead to a reduction in patient calls, visits, and admissions.
In addition to greater engagement in their care, patient education also helps patients understand how to manage their health information and navigate healthcare systems.
What is MDM Journey?
MDM Journey is a comprehensive solution that educates, engages, and improves patient outcomes throughout the complete continuum of patient care. Watch this two-minute video for an overview of how MDM Journey can help deliver the right education at the right time.
What does MDM Journey do for patients, families, and clinicians?
Accessible to patients and families in hospitals, clinics, and homes, the MDM Journey does this and more:
- Engages both patients and their families in the patients’ care
- Provides pre- and post-operative education
- Provides disease, wellness, and safety education
- Delivers just the right education at the right time
- Delivers patient satisfaction and comprehension surveys
- Interfaces with your facility’s existing clinical systems, ADT, and EMR
This solution gives your care teams the ability to educate patients in an effective and consistent way. It includes documentation that can be put into a patient’s health record, and it’s easy for the patient and the care team to use. After a hospital stay, education can be continued by sending content to patients at home via email or text messages.
The content provided by MDM Journey is easy to understand and available in a number of languages. Additional features include:
- Patient education content in video format, developed at a 5th-grade level or below
- Video education is designed for all types of learners
- Closed Caption is available
- More than 3,000 videos are currently in our library
- Clients can easily upload their own content
How is MDM Healthcare’s patient education provided?
The educational content provided by our MDM Journey solution is cloud-based, making it easily accessible to patients whether they are in the hospital or clinic or at home. Our innovative MDM Journey software operates through swing-arm bedside monitors so patients can access its features right from their rooms, but it’s also accessible from anywhere at any time via any mobile device.
Because MDM Journey is cloud-based, it also:
- Delivers significant cost savings by eliminating the need for large servers and racks
- Lowers operational costs by reducing maintenance needs and decreases the cost of managing in-room computers
- Eliminates the burden on your IT department for hardware and software administration and support, and for managing security and anti-virus protection
What educational content does MDM Healthcare offer?
Our wide range of patient education materials is available through our Journey Patient Education library. This library includes informational videos on these topics and others:
- Diagnoses, conditions, and treatments
- Pain management
- Patient safety
- Pre- and post-operative care
- Mother-baby and new family
- Medication education
- Advance directives
- Relaxation techniques
- ICD10 Codes and DRGs
Our educational content is cloud-based, so it’s easily accessible and searchable for patients and healthcare providers. It’s also consistent with the regulations of The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Measures, Core Measures, and Meaningful Use. Information in our Journey Patient Education library is kept up to date with the most recent developments and discoveries.
What features does MDM Journey include?
MDM Journey has innovative patient education tools that can help caregivers ensure patients have what they need to learn about their conditions, understand their treatment options and methods, and navigate the healthcare system.
The information in the system is highly accessible and provided in a wide variety of languages. Because the content is cloud-based, it’s exceptionally easy to search and be accessed by any mobile device. MDM Journey content is constantly updated with new information on the latest discoveries and development and can be relied upon for accurate information.
MDM Journey is also designed to be simple to implement into virtually any facility. Along with our other healthcare technology solutions such as TV equipment and networking and video distribution services, our patient education products seamlessly integrate with your facility’s existing infrastructure and systems. We partner with you to install all of the necessary hardware and software, and help you optimize treatment and education patients.
Patient education delivered through MDM Journey has these additional features:
- Relaxation tools that help reduce patients’ stress levels and respond better to treatment, plus entertainment programs and games
- Navigation by in-room pillow speakers, phone, auto prescribe, and scheduled play options
- Education videos can be assigned based upon diagnosis, treatment, physician, DRG-ICD10 codes, or safety risk
- Two-way communication between the patient and staff
- Integrations such as EMR, ADT, single sign on, dietary and more
- Real-time reporting to monitor usage at every level
- 24/7/365 remote monitoring
- More than 3,000 patient education videos to choose from
- Information is personalized and delivered in real-time
- Engaging patient television screens are created based on your brand, pediatrics, adult patient, mother-baby, veterans, and other unique patients
- Comprehension assessments with feedback
How can I learn more about MDM Healthcare’s patient education solution?
We invite you to learn more about all of our healthcare technology services and products for your hospital, senior living center or other healthcare facility by calling 800-359-6741 for personalized assistance.